AIMCO | Denver, CO
Director of Content Development | Jul 06–Present
Led team for all content development efforts in Fortune 1000 training department. Worked directly on many campaigns, products and programs, using industry–leading tools and approaches.
- Led innovation and programs for new development tools, standards and practices. These tools and practices increased visual appeal and adoption of the approach across multiple departments and increased development efficiency by over 30%.
- Brought Microsoft SharePoint portal to company and was vital in driving implementation and adoption of the tool by thousands of users. Used creative and adaptive techniques to implement solutions that fit the needs of the business.
- Implemented a design focus and culture in the training development group. This led to, among other things, the creation of training “magazines” that allowed the company to sell ad space to vendors. On just one of these projects, we paid for the costs of 5000 training magazines and created $15,000 of additional revenue through the placement of vendor ads.
- Began comic strip communication that educated 4,000 field staff responsible for over $12 billion in real estate assets.
DISH Network | Denver, CO
Program Manager | Feb 04–Jul 06
Started company’s E–learning department and launched learning management system, developing E–learning and establishing processes for quality and consistency.
- Managed team responsible for supporting all of department’s technology, process and data needs.
- Led business implementation of company’s learning management system. Coordinated 500 administrators to support over 20,000 learners.
- Created standardized E–learning tools, learning interactions and more in Flash, decreasing development time by 15%.
Training Coordinator | Dec 02–Feb 04
Established tracking systems, standardized processes and supported several dozen trainers.
- Point of contact for system support for all trainers in organization.
- Standardized department systems and processes to increase efficiencies and consistencies.
- Developed content for and trained MS Office classes to hundreds of employees.
Colorado State University | Fort Collins, CO
Assistant Web Designer | 9/01–12/02
Maintained and created new Web sites and intranet for Colorado State University using ColdFusion, HTML and databases.
- Earned reputation for driving projects through solid team skills and individual analysis.
- Partnered with customer/clients in product development and deployment.
Bachelor of Science, Business Administration
Double Concentration: Computer Information Systems and Marketing
Technology Selection and Standardization
Object Oriented Programming
Vendor Selection and Management
Create/write my blogs with over 5,000 hits/month
InDesign Adobe Certified Expert
Lightroom Adobe Certified Expert
Designer of Award Winning Annual Report (Best in Class - $1 Billion+)
Designer of Award Winning Advertising (Magazine)
Director of Award Winning Communication Series (Illustration)
Selected as top .5% of all employees in Fortune 500 company (20,000+ employees)
Co–chair, Denver Adobe InDesign User Group